Thursday, 2 August 2007

Vent Trunk

The Vent Trunk may look straight forward but it actually involved quite a bit of work. All that remains now to drill the hole for the drain and complete the mast foot cut out. The later will wait for now, and I'll revisit it the future when I finish shaping my dummy mast foot.

I feel the time is getting close to gluing this baby together. I started work today to make it ready for final assembly but was unhappy about the stem bevels. I ended up spending a couple of hours shaving away some more wood and I'm happier now with the results.

Watch this space.

No comments: