Sunday, 12 August 2007

Hull Assembly

I've done a lot of work over the last week. Last weekend I finished off all the bulkheads by cutting notches, limbers and finally coating in epoxy.

Today started with me drilling the hole for the drain in the mast foot. It all went relatively smoothly. There was one heart stopping moment when the drill bit detached from the extension and was left buried deep in the mast foot! Luckily I was able to re-attach it, and all turned out well in the end. I'm pleased with the result and my drain pipe fits like a glove.

After that I moved on to gluing the hull together. This was hard work and took a lot longer than I anticipated. I'm not finished yet, but the transom and Bulkheads 2, 3 and 4 are all glued and nailed in place. Bulkhead 2 and the stem are held with temporary fixings just to ensure that everything is square. Tomorrow I hope to finish off fitting these two outstanding items.

Getting set up for glue!

Bulkhead 3 in place.

No comments: