Well the cutting of the bottom panel scarfs turned out to be a beast of job. I got new blades for my electric plane and they are all now ready for scrap! I lost count of the number of times I had to regrind my hand planes, I'm sure my block plane iron is at least 10mm shorter than it was this time last week! As the plywood I have is sold as Far Eastern Ply, I have now nicknamed the bottom panel the "Beast from the East". I took advantage of the dry sunny weather we have been having to glue the panel up, as this had to be done outdoors due to lack of any other suitable space. I'm pleased to say that the panel is now glued together and now awaiting fixing.