Monday 26 October 2009

Hatch

Just like in "LOST", everyone needs a hatch cover! This was quite straight forward and enjoyable to build. I've opted for a small skylight in the top, which was cut out after the hatch was fabricated and glassed on the inside. Fine tuning the fit of the hatch is still in progress, but it really needs the internal closed cell foam for it to run smoothly on the rails. I'll get round to glassing and fairing shortly. At the moment I'm working on the washboard and it's mountings, a problem I wouldn't have had if I'd not departed from the plans!

I have douglas fir on order for all the spars and yuloh, so I'll have plenty to keep myself busy with over the next few months. More progress reports as they happen.

Hatch rail components

Installed rails

Glassed internally

Runners and rails installed

Hatch Installed

No comments: