The bottom panel was fitted in place over the weekend of October 13th and 14th. It continued to live up to it's name as the "Beast from the East" and gave me a a few worrying moments. I enlisted the help of my son to help me mix the vast quantities of epoxy it consumed, as I found it difficult to mix large quantities fast enough. When I eventually got the bottom fitted I put a light under the boat and was horrified to see light shinning out along part of the chine join. I ended up having to prise the bottom off, mixing yet more epoxy and then climbing on top of the boat and walking along the bottom as I fastened it down with sheet rock screws. What I thought would be a couple of hours work turned into a 6-8 hour marathon.
The following weekend was spent trimming and shaping the bottom. Once again this turned into a long job. That 18mm ply is tough stuff.
This past weekend I made a start at gluing in the chine runners and making a start at shaping them. I have the port runner in place and all it needs is a bit more shaping and a final coat of fairing compound and rub down to finish it off. I'm working on the starboard runner but won't really get far with that until the weekend.